Friday, May 25, 2007

Feminine, In a different way


I've been raised in a family that consists of four boys and one girl; ME.
People always used to - and still - ask me "don't you wish sometimes you had a sister to play with, to talk to!" But I honestly never got that feeling! not even once in my life.

And although my brothers are older than me - the youngest before me is six years older than I am - but I've always enjoyed my life with them.

Mom used to get me lots of dolls and barbies; but I never ever played with them, and when I did; I used to use my barbies as wrestlers when my brothers wouldn't let me play with theirs.

In my childhood days we lived in a building with six apartments; There was Abu Ashraf who had 3 sons. Abu Ziad, 3 sons. Abu Maher, 5 sons. 3ammo Abdelqader, 2 sons and 2 daughters (who were more than 10 years older than me). And then the neighbors next door who were two old couple living by themselves. Not even that I didn't have sisters; but I didn't have any female neighbors.

I grew older and I started having some female friends, but it took me sometime to understand them. Or actually I didn't! No one can ever get females! we are sooooo complicated! I doubt that any female can understand herself! But I could at least find a way to deal with them.

When guys start joking about females I crack up, especially when they talk about their way in driving cars! OMG women suck with cars! whenever I see a car doing something stupid; I know for sure it's a female. And I'm always right.

I was called anti-feminist before; and honestly I am. I don't believe in equality between women and men. It's soooo ridiculous. I mean I do think that women should get all their rights. They should be treated with respect, have the chance to get a decent well-payed job, and stuff like that. But being equal to men is just a headache for both; men and women.

What I am trying to say here is that I've always had this struggle between males and females mentalities! I am a perfect female when it comes to nagging and making up fights out of nothing, but I feel with men when I act like that with them! Poor men!

I am very feminine when it comes to love and romance, but I can understand how it can b frustrating to men. I do believe that there are many intellectual females, but I also believe that at some points we can be so lame!

Despite all that, I love being a female, I really do with all my heart. We are kind, delicate, caring, loving, romantic, socially smart, and most of all men can't live without us.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha :D

Veryyyyyy true! Women CANNOT drive, and those who can drive get so easily distracted because their cars have mirrors and females and mirrors share a very special relationship.Hehe. They never change lanes, bitdalha mlaz2a bi nafs il lane min awwal ma titla3 min darha la towsal lal makan illi bidha iyyah. W ne7na min w ne7na z'3ar kul ma 7ada ykoun ma be3raf ysou2 my parents would say: Akeed hay ontha! So it kind of stuck to us as well :D

W yeah, we are TOO complicated!! And I don't get people in general, la males wala females!

Hehehe, enjoyed reading :D

Anonymous said...

My favorite quotes in this post:

No one can ever get females!
I doubt that any female can understand herself!
Women suck with cars!
I don't believe in equality between women and men.
We (females) can be so lame!


They're PERFECT!! ;-)

Manal O. said...

Yes they are 10% true..But still, Men can't live without us :D

Manal O. said...

Kouki: 3ajbatek bashoof mawdoo3 el swa2a hehehe.
It's true men and women are complcated. but atleast men can understand each other lol

Anonymous said...

yeah, that's the true as well, until cloning is legalized! :P

W. said...

I like being a female, but I hate being a female here :P
men are mafaseem, aktar mna... I hate men! m3 eno females can always be mafaseem and complicated but I can go on forever with men's weird mentality

Like this post :)

W. said...

I like this post*

:P

Manal O. said...

LooL Wedad, u hate being a female here! tab have u tried being a female somewhere else? :D Men are the same everywhere, just like women.
Just try to get along with them and everything will be OK ;)

Anonymous said...

realising the flaws of women is something unheard of from a woman. 2abda3ty...lol

Manal O. said...

Hussam b 7aretna :D ahla oo sahla wallah.. el 7a2 7a2 mahu ya3ni :D
eb2a 3eedha ballah ;)

Waleed Khamis said...

nafs il wade3 3enna fel bait, 1 female o e7na 4 guys :)
well I can tell it affects the girl's! lol

Manal O. said...

loool yeah Waleed I remember that :D I shud meet Dalia one day :D