Sunday, August 26, 2007

A friend of your mind

"She is a friend of mind. She gather me, man. The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order. It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind."

I was studying for my exam tomorrow, and as always; when there is an exam I find like a thousand things to do and a million sites to surf on the net.
Anyhow I came across this saying by someone who I don't really recognize, I even forgot to copy his name, and when I noticed that the page was already closed. So just for the sake of copy rights laws; THIS ISN'T SAID BY ME.
I've never thought of having a friend of my mind, when I first read this quote I was a little bit confused with the term. Can we have Mind friends?! and from the opposite sex?! I guess he is such a lucky man to find such a girl.
They say Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus - I believe I'm from Jupiter lol - , that is men are Martians which is weird, but women are Venusian which is weirder!! Maybe Men can't understand Women but can understand themselves. Women can't understand Men, other Women, nor themselves.
So finding a girl/guy who not only understands you; but also understands your mind is a real blessing.
The best part of the saying above - which also happens to be soooo romantic - is when he said that she gathers his pieces and gives them back to him in the right order. It's like being his mentor, his guardian angel, his best match. I wonder if such a match can happen to anyone, or is it a phenomena!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni Morrison~

I googled it :d

Very nice quote, I once had a friend of my mind, yes it is a blessing.

Asoom said...

you're totally right about the exam thing-when I have exams that's when you'll find my apartment/room sparkling clean and when I feel like cooking and doing all my errands

Manal O. said...

I think u left a comment in the wrong window amma :)

Asoom said...

i don't get it